Saturday, January 15, 2011

Family time with the Steelers

I am blogging from my extremely comfortable chair watching the game with my hubby and my son.  I guess if I am blogging I am only half watching.  Here is how my husband and son were posed right after the Steelers won their challenge in the first minute.
iPad with football app open

Exersaucer surrounded by toys
Then a short playtime when Daddy couldn't resist the cuteness

Then the forgotten iPad with the Nom-Nom of rice cereal snack
They are back to just sitting together watching.

Johnny had a photo session about an hour ago for his 4 month pictures with his dumbo.  With about a half an hour of video taken.  3 1/2 minutes of which i posted on YouTube.  The story of the two dumbos is I really liked one dumbo when I was in Disney with my mom and sister at 13 weeks pregnant.  BUUUUUT Bethany really liked another dumbo.  After arguing over which was the better dumbo I bought the dumbo I liked, with the blanket around it.  Bethany was not satisfied, and bought the more authentic dumbo with the hat, collar and feather.  I think in her crazed dumbo moment she muttered something about how her nephew was going to have a REAL dumbo if she had to do it herself.  Okay, maybe it wasn't a crazed mumble but more of a hysterical laughing statement she made to the cashier at Disney, but it had me laughing. I hate to admit it, but I love the dumbo Bethany picked.  My dumbo is fun because he is a baby.

Anyway, I guess all mothers don't really realize exactly how much their son has grown until they have something to compare it to.  WOW he is growing. At his doctor appointment Thursday he was 15 lbs 10 oz and 24 3/4 inches long.  He sailed through his boosters and only cried for a second before Daddy scooped him up.  He hugged onto Daddy for one last protest, then shot the nurses dirty looks.  It was adorable. 



He rolls A LOT.  Every room in our house has a blanket on the floor for putting Johnny in a safe place to roll around.  He is really enjoying toys and has his favorites - some monkeys on a rattle/teether, some keys, his under the sea mat with "friends" hanging down to him.  He LOVES that exersaucer.  Lets him be a big independent boy and standing (which he loves).  He loves mirrors and will "kiss" the mirror by running his tongue all over it.  He stomps on the counter and squeals with delight.  Bathtime is an especially wonderful treat.  There is one change in he now has baby fat and little dimples and rolls.  Its adorable, but in the past 3 days with the drool and spit-up he has developed a rash under his chin from it not being dry.  Constant bib changes and powder will fix it according to the doctor. He LOVES splashing and kicking his duckies.  Although he delivered a swift kick to his singing ducky and he no longer sings or flashes lights.  As far as singing toys go, he LOVED that duck.  He still plays with it, but it doesn't hold his attention the way it did before. RIP Ducky.
Ducky  12-25-10 to 1-9-11.  RIP.  You were loved.
 Speaking of Christmas, did I ever post a picture of Johnny with his stocking?  It turned out adorable. 
 AAAAAAnnnddddd...Here is Erin and Aubrielle.  Erin is the office manager at Benchmark Investments and Insurance for my Mom, Dad, and Matt.  So that makes her family.  Aubrielle is only 9 days younger than Johnny. 

Hey Goodlookin!
Well, it is now the 4th quarter and 1 min 33 left in the game, Steelers just scored, so I had to put my computer down...again!  I know who SHOULD win, but I'm not saying anything.  But since the game started, we managed to cook and eat meatloaf and mashed potatoes, feed Johnny again, have bathtime for Johnny, feed him one more snack, put him to bed complete with book, lullaby, and prayers.  And now here I am finishing my post.

I REALLY need to pack for this move.  We are closing in one month exactly.  We have a bunch of boxes packed, but it seems so insurmountable at this point.  We'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment